This page provides the necessary instructions to follow in order to create a Business Rule.
You can add Business Rules from the list view when you access the Business Rules section from the left-side menu.
Click the Add rule button to start the process:
Then, first you have to decide whether it should apply to certain searches:
- Select the Language for which you want to create the rule.
- In the drop-down menu:
- Select if you it to apply to All searches.
- Select if you want it to apply to Specific searches and introduce the searches.
Then, create the rule:
- Choose the Action:
- Boost: This will make the criteria defined in the rule appear higher in results
- Bury: This will make the criteria defined in the rule appear lower in results
- Choose the Field for which you want to create the rule.
- Enter the list of values you want the rule to apply to.
Imagine you want to highlight Motive shirts every time someone searches for shirts, you
should create the following rule:
A Boost rule for a Brand, specify the brand Motive and it applies to Shirt searches.
Once you've finished adding your rule, you will see the list view of all the rules you've created.
Continue understanding how Business Rules work by accessing these pages: